Register for a What About Us? session or pick up a take-home kit. These kits are designed for parents to guide their children through a cancer diagnosis.
What About Us? is a free program that meets for 1/2 day on a Saturday.
Learn More About This Children's Group, What About Us?
The children’s group is facilitated by social workers with special training in cancer counseling. The children participate in activities and projects designed to help them understand and express their feelings.
This group will:
- Increase the child’s ability to understand and express feelings about their loved one’s cancer
- Teach the child how to communicate those feelings
- Help facilitate coping with those feelings
At the end of each session the children participate in yoga giving the social workers the opportunity to meet with the parents.
Gems of Hope Inc. is a non-profit organization.
We accept individual, corporate and memorial donations.
Please know that the donation you send is truly making a difference in the lives of the cancer patients.
In 2019 Gems of Hope awarded 14 – $1500.00 scholarships to Corridor high school seniors.
Gems of Hope volunteers help provide over 750 “gifts of hope” each month to cancer patients in the Corridor!
Volunteering for Gems can help you:
- Feel good about supporting cancer patients with a message of hope
- Learn something
- Help fulfill a civic responsibility
- Make our community better
- Connect and network with others in the community
- Fulfill volunteer hours required for school or other groups
- Gain professional experience
- Bring you together with others and give you a sense of belonging
- Cope with a cancer diagnosis in your family