Available Job Opportunities with Gems of Hope
The Executive Director is responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors (BOD) for the effective and efficient financial, operational and administrative management of Gems of Hope, Inc. The Director will provide overall leadership for the organization in accordance with the mission, policies, and objectives of Gems of Hope, Inc. The Director will have a long-range strategy to support the overall vision, direction, health and growth of the organization. He or she will be familiar and comfortable with the challenges of business development and growth of our organization.
- Develop, recommend and implement financial, operational and administrative programs that support the mission.
- Administer fiscal control, accountability, budget reporting; and oversees all daily expenditures.
- Collaborate with the BOD and appropriate committees to develop and implement policies that support the mission of the organization. Maintain and update policy manual. Insures that approved policies are carried out as directed.
- Develop and recommend to the BOD, in cooperation with treasurer and committee chairs, the annual budget. Oversee completion of legal and tax documents. Collaborates with BOD for all new and future operational changes.
- Assist Board President in setting the agenda for BOD meetings, attend Board meetings (as a non-voting member) and provide appropriate reports of all activities to the BOD.
- Administer and manage daily office operations. This includes screening, hiring, performance evaluation and termination of paid staff. Collaborates with the BOD for all proposed employee salaries. Provide direction, training, guidance and supervision for staff, interns, and volunteers.
Leadership for Public Relations:
- Serve as primary contact and representative providing positive visibility of Gems of Hope, Inc. in the community.
- Ensure that Gems of Hope maintains visibility in the area and beyond through public speaking, presentations, workshops and appropriate public functions and media events.
- Manage all content in newsletters, press releases, advertisements and social media.
- Assist the BOD and committees in establishing and implementing fundraising strategies that support the mission.
- Seek out and apply for grants to augment fundraising efforts; administer funded grants to achieve performance and reporting compliance.
- Explore and cultivate new relationships and funding sources in the community.
- Expand and diversify the donor base.
- Maintain the system for tracking donor participation.
Recruitment and Training:
- Assist in recruiting people from the community to serve on the Gems of Hope, Inc. Board of Directors and established committees.
- Assist in providing new Board Member orientation.
- Arrange training opportunities for staff, committee members, and volunteers.
- Assist in growing the volunteer base necessary to implement programming.
Executive Director Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Management, Human Services Management, Non-profit Management, Business Administration, or related area; or an equivalent combination of education and life work experience.
- 2-3 years previous experience in a leadership role preferred. Experience in financial and administrative management, marketing and communication. Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Ability to establish, foster and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers.
- Proficient user of computer and standard business software.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience in fund development.
- Ability to be flexible with duties as assigned.
This is a full-time salary position with benefits. Gems of Hope is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume online to Cindy Sale at email@example.com.