Available Job Opportunities with Gems of Hope
The Office Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the management of operations, including donor database and website management, fundraising materials, mailings, event coordination and implementation, in addition to supervising and managing the Gems of Hope Volunteer Engagement program which includes recruitment, retention, recognition and tracking of volunteers and hours.
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties & Responsibilities
- office management; day to day operations and procedures
- maintenance of websites
- assists with social networking; Facebook, Twitter
- maintenance of donor database and mailings
- maintain computer records and files
- workshop and presentation scheduling
- organizes, coordinates and manages volunteer recruitment events
- develops and implements training programs for all volunteers
- maintains updated records on all volunteers
- organizes and attends volunteer meetings
- recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization
- develops and implements a volunteer recognition program
- email communications as requested for board meetings, special events and announcements
- assists with Gems of Hope annual fundraisers
- assists with other administrative related projects as assigned
Personal Attributes and Core Competencies:
- is honest & trustworthy
- able to adapt to a changing work environment
- has strong work ethic
- takes initiative & is resourceful
- possesses strong time management skills
- demonstrates communication proficiency
- eagerness to collaborate with others
- offers leadership
- has strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- demonstrates solid presentation skills
- is team-oriented
- has technical capacity
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities, but does supervise the entire volunteer force.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent education and experience preferred.
- Proficient in computer skills – database, Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Flexibility to adjust to the changing demands of the job.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online to Chad Hammar at email@example.com.