Available Job Opportunities with Gems of Hope:
The Executive Director is responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors (BOD) for the effective and efficient financial, operational and administrative management of Gems of Hope, Inc. The Director will provide overall leadership for the organization in accordance with the mission, policies, and objectives of Gems of Hope, Inc. The Director will have a long-range strategy to support the overall vision, direction, health and growth of the organization. He or she will be familiar and comfortable with the challenges of business development and growth of the organization.
- Develop, recommend and implement financial, operational and administrative programs that support the mission.
- Administer fiscal control, accountability, budget reporting; and oversees all daily expenditures.
- Collaborate with the BOD and appropriate committees to develop and implement policies that support the mission of the organization.
- Develop and recommend to the BOD, the annual budget. Oversee completion of legal and tax documents.
- Attend Board meetings (as a non-voting member) and provide appropriate reports of all activities to the BOD.
- Administer and manage daily office operations. This includes screening, hiring, performance evaluation and termination of paid staff. Collaborates with the BOD for all proposed employee salaries. Provide direction, training, guidance and supervision for staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Serve as primary contact and representative providing positive visibility of Gems of Hope, Inc. in the community.
- Ensure that Gems of Hope, Inc maintains visibility in the area and beyond through public speaking, presentations, workshops and appropriate public functions and media events.
- Manage all content in newsletters, press releases, advertisements and social media.
- Implement fundraising strategies that support the mission.
- Apply for grants to augment fundraising efforts; administer funded grants to achieve performance and reporting compliance.
- Explore and cultivate new relationships and funding sources in the community.
- Expand and diversify the donor base
- Strong knowledge and use of Sales Force.
Recruitment and Training
- Recruit appropriate community members to serve on the Gems of Hope, Inc. Board of Directors and committees.
- Assist in providing new Board Member orientation.
- Arrange training opportunities for staff, committee members, and volunteers.
- Assist in growing the volunteer base as necessary to implement programming.
Executive Director Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Management, Human Services Management, Non-profit Management, Business Administration, or related area, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in fund development.
- 2-3 years previous experience in a leadership role preferred. Experience in financial and administrative management, marketing and communication. Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Ability to establish, foster and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers.
- Proficient user of computer and standard business software.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
To apply, submit resume online to Darline Davermann-Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org.