Available Job Opportunities with Gems of Hope
The Office Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the management of operations, including donor database and website management, fundraising materials, mailings, event coordination and implementation, in addition to supervising and managing the Gems of Hope Volunteer Engagement program which includes recruitment, retention, recognition and tracking of volunteers and hours.
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties & Responsibilities
- office management; day to day operations and procedures
- maintenance of websites
- assists with social networking; Facebook, Twitter
- maintenance of donor database and mailings
- maintain computer records and files
- workshop and presentation scheduling
- organizes, coordinates and manages volunteer recruitment events
- develops and implements training programs for all volunteers
- maintains updated records on all volunteers
- organizes and attends volunteer meetings
- recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization
- develops and implements a volunteer recognition program
- email communications as requested for board meetings, special events and announcements
- assists with Gems of Hope annual fundraisers
- assists with other administrative related projects as assigned
Personal Attributes and Core Competencies:
- is honest & trustworthy
- able to adapt to a changing work environment
- has strong work ethic
- takes initiative & is resourceful
- possesses strong time management skills
- demonstrates communication proficiency
- eagerness to collaborate with others
- offers leadership
- has strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- demonstrates solid presentation skills
- is team-oriented
- has technical capacity
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities, but does supervise the entire volunteer force.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent education and experience preferred.
- Proficient in computer skills – database, Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Flexibility to adjust to the changing demands of the job.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Assist the BOD and committees in establishing and implementing fundraising strategies that support the mission.
- Seek out and apply for grants to augment fundraising efforts; administer funded grants to achieve performance and reporting compliance.
- Explore and cultivate new relationships and funding sources in the community.
- Expand and diversify the donor base.
- Maintain the system for tracking donor participation.
Recruitment and Training:
- Assist in recruiting people from the community to serve on the Gems of Hope, Inc. Board of Directors and established committees.
- Assist in providing new Board Member orientation.
- Arrange training opportunities for staff, committee members, and volunteers.
- Assist in growing the volunteer base necessary to implement programming.
Executive Director Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Management, Human Services Management, Non-profit Management, Business Administration, or related area; or an equivalent combination of education and life work experience.
- 2-3 years previous experience in a leadership role preferred. Experience in financial and administrative management, marketing and communication. Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Ability to establish, foster and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers.
- Proficient user of computer and standard business software.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience in fund development.
- Ability to be flexible with duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online to Chad Hammar at email@example.com.