One suggestion is a donation of $15.00 for 15 months to celebrate 15 years of bringing hope to cancer patients! Find out more about being a Pledge Partner at the office.
Any one-time donation is always welcome and you may mail your check to our office:
420 6th St SE Ste 140
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
You don’t have to wait until July 17th, YOU CAN DONATE TODAY!
Give online here
Your gift allows us to help more cancer patients and their families in need
- $15,000 Day of Giving Goal 60% 60%
Donate to Gems of Hope
*** A notable benefit of your donation is available to all taxpayers through the CARES Act. This benefit allows taxpayers who use the standard deductions forms to deduct up to $300.00 of cash donations ($600.00 for married couples) on your 2020 taxes as Gems of Hope is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (Donations from Donor Advised Funds do not apply).
How Donations Are Used
Gems of Hope Impact
- In response to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we have added masks (handmade by volunteers) to our selection of “Gifts of Hope”.
- An average of 650 gifts are delivered each month to cancer treatment centers and hospitals in the Corridor.
- Since 2014 we have awarded 72 high school seniors, who have been affected by cancer, a total of $85,750 in scholarships.
- We’ve partnered with five local school districts and 32 schools to supply cancer support books and materials and are in the process of creating more libraries.
- Since 2014 our Youth Advisory Board has helped 64 high school students develop leadership skills and become more involved in our community.
- Our kid’s programming has touched the lives of children and their parents navigating a cancer diagnosis.
List of clinics served in Iowa
Mercy Medical Center
Hall Perrine Cancer Center
Hall Radiation Center
Unity Point St. Luke’s Hospital
Helen G. Nassif Community Cancer Center
Albert G. and Helen G. Nassif Radiation Center
PCI Hematology and Oncology
The Ghosh Center
Unity Point PCI Clinic
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center
Stead Family Hospital
UIHC Radiation Oncology
Wendt Regional Cancer Center
Allen Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Care Center