Youth Advisory Board (YAB)
Our youth advisory board is comprised of high school students from area schools.
Their focus is developing our youth related programs and events, along with cultivating a higher level of engagement in Gems from the adolescence community through volunteering. The YAB group assists with our Cancer Really Sucks web site and forum.
In 2014 the YAB started a sand volleyball tournament for Gems which helped to fund scholarships for graduating seniors who have been personally affected by their own cancer diagnosis or that of an immediate family member.
Current 2019-20 YAB members:
- Jenna G. – Jefferson High School
- Ashley O. – Xavier High School
- Kaylee H. – Marion High School
- Emma H. – Center Point Urbana High School
- Page B. – Mt. Vernon High School
- Shannon B. – Mt. Vernon High School
- Talia P. – Marion High School
- Tyler R. – Xavier High School
- Ashely B. – Kennedy High School
- Natalie K. – Kennedy High School
- Allyson A. – Linn Mar High School
- Natalie B. – Kennedy High School
- Joseph J. – Washington High School